Introducing Ian Atwater!
Friday, April 8, 2011
Introducing Ian Atwater!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Cameron got a rip stick for his birthday and is really good at riding it.
Cameron got baptized this Saturday. We are so proud of him for making the decision to be baptized. He is a great kid!
Fun Facts about Cameron:
- Loves Thai Food and Cup of Noodles
- Loves Fishing, could go everyday if we would take him.
- He is very social..has an easy time making friends. Wants to spend most of his time outside with his friends.
- His favorite movie is Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- Cameron loves chocolate...chocolate cake, chocolate candy, chocolate ice cream, etc..
- He is very coordinated and catches on to things quickly. He started riding a 2 wheeled bike when he was just 3.
- He is excited to play basketball this winter.
- Is SO EXCITED to start cub scouts, he has been counting down the days, hours, minutes.
- He loves and looks up to his dad and wants to be just like him.
- Cameron is a good kid, good brother, good friend, and good student! We love you Cameron!
For his birthday Wesley got a Trick Trike, a bike that you can do 360's and tricks on, he spends his afternoons riding his new bike.
Fun Facts about Wesley:
- Wesley loves to laugh and to make others laugh. He is quite the goof ball sometimes!
- Loves cereal, he could eat it for every meal of the day.
- Favorite candy is gum!
- Wesley loves to be in the water and to swim. He learned to swim without a life jacket this summer.
- Loves to be active...jumping on the tramp, riding his bike, swinging at the park, and just playing with his friends.
- Loves his mom...always gives me hugs and kisses and tells me he loves me.
- Wesley has sucked his thumb since he was a baby...he just got a thumb sucking retainer put in to help him stop.
- Wesley loves, loves babies! He is looking forward to a new baby brother or sister
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
My Dr started talking to Wesley and told him how I am going to be tired a lot. And that I am going to need some help around the house. After talking to him a while he asked Wesley "so who's going to help out your mom?" Wesley thought about this for a minute and then replied, "JESUS".
It was pretty dang funny!!
I think all he knew was that it wasn't going to be him.
Can’t Hardly Wait!
We have some precious news today!
A brand new baby's on the way!
We feel so very, very blessed,
Boy or girl, we cannot guess!
We're full of joy and happy tears,
Can't wait to meet our little dear,
And hold our baby snug and tight,
Just rocking gently through the night.
We're glad to share this news with you,
And share all our excitement, too,
For it is time to celebrate,
We think that we can hardly wait!
by Andra MccoyBaby 4 is on it's way! Due date is April 4th. Here's a look at the first 3...Cameron, Wesley and Brooklyn all at 2 wks.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Cameron started 2nd grade this year. He is enjoying school and taking off with his reading and his math. He was student of the month for the month of September.
Wesley started Transitional Kindergarten this year. It's kindergarten for students who are not quite ready for Kindergarten. There a 4 teachers instead of one, less students, and more structure to the day. Wesley enjoys going to school and can't wait to get off the bus and tell me that he was good at school and that he got a stamp on his hand. (If you follow rules and listen to the teachers then you get a stamp on your hand at the end of the day). He is slowly progressing, we are hoping we might be able to get him caught up to go to first grade next year.
Friday, September 3, 2010
3-4 (14.5 ounce) cans of stewed/or diced tomatoes.
1/4 onion (I like to use red onion).
1 green bell pepper
1 lime, juiced (or you can use 1Tbsp lime/or lemon juice from concentrate).
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt (or one fresh garlic clove minced).
2 Tbsp white vinegar
sliced jalepenos from a jar to taste (I use about 10-15 slices...this will be pretty hot). (I also make sure I buy the hot jalepenos in a jar not the tamed ones).
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (or you can use dried cilantro same amount).
Mix all ingredients into blender or food processor. Blend on low to desired smoothness. Best if you refrigerate for a couple of hours before eating.
Eclair Recipe----by Stephanie Stephens
1-5 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cup. milk
1 sm. container cool whip
4 ounces cream cheese--softened
Mix pudding, milk and cream cheese with an electric mixer at least 2 minutes and until smooth. Fold in cool whip. Refrigerate 2 hours. (For smoothest results--without lumps--mix milk and pudding together, in seperate bowl mix softened cream cheese, then mix the pudding milk mixture with the mixed cream cheese)
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sifted flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to a full rolling boil. Add sifted flour all at once and stir until a dough forms and pulls away from the pan. Remove from heat and transfer dough to a mixing bowl. Allow to cool slightly. Then add eggs 1 at a time mixing until well combined after each addition. Spoon dough into 16 strips on an ungreased cookie sheet (I will grease cookie sheet slightly). Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Satiny Chocolate Glaze (from allrecipes.com)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
In a double boiler combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla. (I don't have a double boiler so I just microwave all ingredients in a glass container for about 1 and 1/2 minutes).
Assembly: Fill shells by either cutting tops off of shells and filling with a spoon or making a hole in top or side of shell and fill with a pastry bag. Then dip tops of eclairs into warm chocolate glaze. Refrigerate until chocolate is set (about 30 minutes). Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. (also good out of the freezer).